Are you nourishing your standouts and providing the soil they need to grow?
Seeds of Leadership: Identifying, Cultivating and Retaining Your Top Talent
Where would we be without our A-Team? We’d be nowhere, that’s where. You can’t get any kind of traction without standouts. But so often we miss opportunities to allow our most promising players the opportunities to root in and stretch themselves toward the sun. Instead, we have a tendency to keep all the seeds in rows, treating them as if they all need the same environment to thrive.
When you take the time to tend the seeds of leadership in your team, you'll soon discover that each person brings a unique set of skills and strengths to the organization. Learning to spot the differences will determine whether you experience a bountiful harvest or a mediocre yield.
The Seeds of Leadership presentation covers a wide range of topics including:
- Assessing the followership traits of each team member
- Identifying your standouts and nurturing their growth
- Encouraging independent action rooted in clearly defined objectives
- Embracing a culture of critical thinking
- Fearing not the entrepreneurial spirit of your wildflowers
- Learning to assess individuals independently based on their strengths and improvements
- Learning to delegate freely and share information openly
- Acknowledging the value of criticism to and from your standouts
- Broadening the exposure to experience for your standouts
- Developing a healthy relationship with risk and failure
Emerging leaders, as well as seasoned managers, need to observe their teams and identify the characteristics within each employee that can be cultivated to enhance professional growth and development. Learning when to push, when to praise and when to promote, are key skills to ensure that your top performers continue to thrive and grow.