Learning to Lead...Passing the Family Torch from One Generation to the Next
The Legacy Project
Succession planning is a multi-faceted endeavor in planning for what lies ahead. Invest in your next generation of leaders through The Legacy Program. The program provides an in-depth, custom-designed approach to developing the personal, professional, financial and spiritual skills and tools to help your children and grandchildren thrive in the years to come.
Typically a two day retreat, The Legacy Program encompasses psychology, leadership, reading and application, and action plans for the future. In the months leading up to the retreat, we provide:
- A series of books to each participant to read in preparation for discussions. Books will cover each of the main focal areas of the retreat - Personal (social, physical, and emotional), professional, financial and spiritual growth
- A set of six personality tests which will be compiled into a complete evaluation for each participant for use throughout the retreat
- Introductory emails and videos
- Outline for the retreat including schedule, activities, what to expect and other frequently asked questions
Retreat activities typically include:
- A welcome session where the personality assessments are introduced and explained
- Overview of the 7 Laws of Leadership and 7 Functions of Followership as they pertain to the four focal areas of personal (social, physical, and emotional), professional, financial and spiritual growth
- Time spent engaged in some spirited biblio-therapy, whereby we break down each of the books we’ve read and engage in discussion on what we learned, or unlearned, and how we can apply them to our lives
- Unstructured time for personal reflection
- One-on-one meetings
- Guided journaling to assist in clarifying individual pathways forward.
At the end of the retreat, we’ll distill all we’ve learned over the weekend into mission clarity, sequenced action steps, and specific methods to stay motivated and disciplined, so these new truths fully integrate and become second nature. With skills to last a lifetime and actionable strategies to begin implementing immediately, this venture into intergenerational understanding and life skills is priceless.