In Boxcar Indy Goes to Doggy World, Indy learned all about saving money, working toward a goal, opening an account and earning interest. He learned so much he was even able to teach his friends how to use the same skills that earned him enough doggy dollars for a trip to Doggy World.
Now, Indy is taking the lessons he learned about financial responsibility and expanding them to help his neighborhood. In Boxcar Indy's Lend A Helping Paw Program, communities and credit unions work together to define a goal that will help a local charity, create a budget, develop a proposal, secure funding and complete the project. There's even a Doggy World carnival!
Boxcar Indy's Lend A Helping Paw Program teaches kids to:
- Become aware of the good work being done by charities right in their neighborhood
- Work together on a project that will benefit a local organization
- Develop a budget, project proposal and organizational plan for a project
- Be reliable and accountable when assigned tasks
- Present a project proposal for funding
- Bring a project from the idea phase all the way to completion
When: Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 p.m. from July 11th to August 15th
Where: Bethesda Mission Youth Community Center, 1428 Herr Street, Harrisburg, PA 17103
How Much: Free and open to the public. Adult supervision required.